Friday, June 16, 2017

Vegan Ceviche!

It's summertime and for those of us in the Rio Grande Valley, we need something cold, refreshing, and a little spicy!

For me, that's my summer vegan ceviche! I combined a few of my favorite ingredients to make a fish-free ceviche! The first step is to gather your ingredients.

You will need:

1/2 cucumber
1/2 package of tofu
1/2 avocado
5 cherry tomatoes
1/2 mango
Juice of 2 limes
Tablespoon of favorite salsa
Handful of cilantro (coriander)



The first step is to prepare your tofu. I made a blog post about this you can find here:  http://exuberantvegan.blogspot.com/2017/06/all-about-tofu.html


The next step is to slice up your mango. Mine wasn't quite fully ripe, but still pretty good.


Next, you'll want to cut up your avocado and add some lime juice to make it easier to mix.


Next, I added some cilantro and mixed it all together. I also added in my tomatoes.


Now for the final step: CHIPS and SALSA! I'm a bit of a chip fanatic, so I made sure to get a big handful. I put in one half of the lime and added my salsa. My personal favorite is a habanero salsa from Yellowbird. It's fully vegan and made in Austin, Texas! I can either order it or pick it up at Sprouts Grocery in McAllen. You can use a pre-made salsa or create your own. However, I find that habanero spice mixes really well with the mango.


The finished product! I love ceviche. This tastes just like ceviche you might find at a local restaurant, minus any fish products. Hope you like it!

Earlier today, I made a tofu prep blog found here:

No comments:

Post a Comment