It makes for a great breakfast that is filling and oh-so-flavorful!
Here is what you will need:
1 package tofu (firm)
1/4 cup nutritional yeast (optional)
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons cumin
3 tablespoons turmeric
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 teaspoon olive oil
Prep time: 5 minutes (or longer if pressing tofu)
Cook time: 15 minutes
1. Before you use the tofu, please make sure that you have pressed the tofu for at least a half hour. If you do not press the tofu, it will be very watery and take a very long time to cook properly.
If you would like a guide to pressing tofu, I've included a link here: http://exuberantvegan.blogspot.com/2017/06/all-about-tofu.html
2. After you have pressed the tofu, squish it with your hands or a fork in a large enough bowl. Then add all your spices!
(Feel free to add as many spices as you would like. My husband loves a little extra apple cider vinegar.)
3. Use a medium-sized pan and heat it to medium heat. Add your olive oil to the pan, then add your tofu scramble.
4. Stir regularly and monitor for about 10-15 minutes. It should get slightly browned in places, just like you might see in scrambled eggs. You're pretty much done!
5. Feel free to add in anything else you would like in your scramble. My husband loves to cook some potatoes on the side and add them into the mix. (I might include his recipe for potatoes in another blog.)
6. Finally, add in some cilantro, lime, or salsa to make your tacos complete! We serve them on fresh corn tortillas. Just make sure that your tortillas are vegan and you are good to go!