Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Perfect Pesto Pizza!

After taking a couple weeks off for vacation, I'm back with my favorite pizza recipe!


I love pizza and I love pesto. I'll guide you through making the pesto and also putting together all the pizza ingredients. It's a pretty simple process and I think it makes for one of my favorite pizzas of all time.

Feel free to modify for any ingredients you might like.

Here's what you will need:

1 cup cashews
1 cup olive oil
1/2 cup vegan cheese
4 ounces (4 packages) basil
10 cloves garlic (more or less to taste)
1 pre-made pizza crust (check ingredients to make sure vegan)

Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes


1. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil
2. Add cashews to hot water and allow them to soak for at least 30 minutes to longer. This is meant to soften to cashews for a creamier pesto. 

3. After the cashews have soaked for a good amount of time, drain and add to blender.
4. Add basil leaves and olive oil. 
5. Add cheese and blend.
6. Feel free to add more of any ingredient as you taste the mixture. It should make a nice, creamy paste that spreads easily. If it's too sticky, add a hint more olive oil or a very small amount of water.
7. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
8. Spread mixture over pizza crust. Add garlic.
9. Feel free to add any other toppings you might like. I added some tempeh for an added protein. Any vegan meat or mushrooms or any other topping would make a nice addition. 
10. Now put it in the oven for about 5-8 minutes. Just enough time to heat it up and brown the crust. The vegan cheese does not really melt, so make sure to check the crust to make sure it's not burnt. 
11. Slice and enjoy!
I love this pizza and I hope you do too! Let me know how it goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment