Saturday, June 17, 2017

Perfectly Creamy Oatmeal with Chocolate!

I have a confession to make.

I LOVE CHOCOLATE!

Now that I'm vegan, I just make sure it's free of milk, but otherwise, chocolate is vegan! This oatmeal calls for a hint of chocolate.

This recipe is very simple and can be modified however you like.


Here's what you need:
2 cups water
1 banana
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup berries (or fruit of choice)
A small handful of vegan chocolate
(Optional) tablespoon of chia seeds
(Optional) small handful of coconut chips

Serves 2 or 3
Prep time: A couple minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes

1. Bring two cups of water to a boil
2. Add one cup of rolled oats and reduce heat to medium- low
3. Set timer for 10 minutes
3. Add the whole banana while oats are cooking. This is the secret to creamy, perfect oatmeal!
4. Stir in the banana until the oatmeal is looking creamy and well-blended.
5. Add in your berries or fruit of choice and mix together.
6. Finally, add in your chocolate. I only added a small amount, but I think it provides great flavor!
7. Stir it all together! Feel free to add nuts, seeds, or any other fruit you love. I added coconut chips and chia seeds. 
There you have it! Easy, creamy, delicious, fruity, and chocolatey oatmeal! Perfect for a healthy, delicious breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment